Pre Heat oven 400
2-3 sweet potatoes peeled and sliced 1/3' inch thickish(guessing)
1 pd cooked bacon crumbled(can't go wrong with more)
4 green onions diced/chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
butter 1 -1/2 sticks
jalapeno sliced (optional)
Take a cookie sheet greased with coconut oil , place sliced sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet, drizzle melted butter all over potatoes - add seasonings to taste and bake in oven about 20 minutes or until fork tender then flip for 5 more minutes.
Here is where the deliciousness comes in-
now hit every slice up with bacon(cooked), onions, cheese and jalapeno slice and bake until cheese is bubbly!!
I like to mix some sour cream with horseradish and serve it with these Tators!
2-3 lb ground beef
1 sweet onion
sweet potato 1-2 or butternut squash ( either one is amazing)
1 can diced tomatoes
Garlic - minced or diced
Taco seasonings-1 tablespoon chili powder,1 tablespoon ancho chili powder,1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ,1 teaspoon smoked paprika. 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano and 1 teaspoon salt
1) Brown beef, while this is going mix in a small bowl the Taco seasonings
2) When beef is almost done, heat 2 cups of warm water and add seasonings until it dissolves
3) Saute veggies and garlic for about 5 minutes and then add can of diced tomatoes - cook until liquid is almost gone
4) Shred sweet potatoe(or butternut squash) in a food processor until it looks like shredded cheese- heat coconut oil and cook for about 5-8 minutes with minced onion and salt -
5)LAYER IT UP- Beef, Veggies and Sweet Potatoe ( or squash) bake 400 degrees for 30 minutes
6)Broil for 5-8 minutes until casserole gets a little golden
I fancy it up with cilantro, green onion, jalapeno, black olives and a dallop of sour cream
3 fried eggs in Ghee butter (I prefer over medium)
1/2 half avacado
sausage links or bacon( cannot go wrong with either)
1/4 cup butter
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 lemon juiced (optional)
seasonings- cayanne pepper , thyme, dried chives
I cook my bacon in the oven on a cookie sheet, so as that's going ( or sausage is cooking) let's make the hollandaise sauce.
If you have a double boiler this works best but if not just use a sauce pan-
first - melt the 1/4 cup butter when that looks amazing sprinkle the seasonings( adjust to your taste buds of flavor-I love the heat) in there for about a minute. Next, add the cream and egg yolks stirring on low pretty constantly until it begins to thicken- this will take a few minutes. ( add the lemon at his point )
Now start to melt the Ghee or butter to fry your eggs-
Layer it up- Eggs , bacon/sausage(or both), sliced avocado and the delicious sauce that makes the dish DE-lish!
** I have also used a grilled slab of ham , which is quite tasty***
Jenni L turned me on to making my own breakfast cereal last week, and now I make a new batch every few days. My teenager loves it, and it's a much healthier option than crappy pop tarts or apple jacks.
This recipe is super versatile and can be made using any combination of seeds and nuts. Customize it for your family and you'll be a kitchen hero!
1/2 c honey
1/4c agave nectar
1/2c coconut oil
2tsp vanilla extract
2 cups almonds (or pecans)
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4c sunflower seeds
1c unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients and heat on 50% power until coconut oil is melted
3. In a large food processor, combine the rest of the ingredients and pulse to your desired consistency. I leave mine a little chunky for texture
4. Add the dry ingredients to your liquid ingredients and stir to combine
5. Spread into a single layer on a baking sheet (make sure it has an edge) and bake for 10 minutes. Stir and then bake another 10 minutes, or until it is lightly browned (your house is going to smell amazing)
6. Cool completely and then transfer to an airtight container for storage.
7. Serve with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a few blueberries and VOILA! YUMMY!
This dish is quite easy with a lot of flavor and it breaks up the awesomeness of having a roast or steak during the week..
6 chicken thighs
1 small yellow onion
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound of wild caught shrimp
- add the raw thighs to a food processor to thinly slice or chop up in small bite size peices
- add the thighs to a pan and begin to cook over a little coconut oil
- while this is cooking use a food processor and chop 2 cups macadamia nuts, butter and onion, just pulse until roughly chopped
-When the chicken is about done , add the cleaned shrimp and zuccs
-NOW add this macadamia mixture and cook until the butter has melted and the pan looks ridiculous with flavor
-use approx about 3/4 cup coconut milk (sorry I just cook with a little of this and that) and add to the pan and add 1/4 teaspoon curry powder (la la love curry)
Now let this all hang out for a bit , 10-15 min, so you can begin the party in your mouth!!! ENJOY!
3 ORGANIC CHICKEN BREAST
1/2 LB BACON AND 4-5 TABLESPOONS BUTTER(KERRYGOLD)
1 LB OF WILD CAUGHT SHRIMP (CLEANED)
CAYENNE PEPPER (OPTIONAL)
ONE VIDALIA ONION
3 GREEN PEPPERS ( THEY ARE IN THERE)
CAN OF COCONUT MILK
ONE LARGE SEEDLESS CUCUMBER (JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE MY FAV)
THIS DISH CAN BE MADE WITHIN 35 MIN AND MULITASKING -START THE GRILL
FIRST SEASON YOUR CHICKEN , I USE MONTREAL STEAK SEASONING, THEN POUND IT TENDER( DIGS THOSE SPICES IN DEEP)
WHILE THE CHICKEN IS GETTING OVER THE BEATING, START A FRYING PAN WITH THE ROUGHLY CHOPPED BACON( I DO 4 CUTS PER STRIP )
- TOSS THE ABUSED CHICKEN ON THE HOT GRILL AND GO BACK INSIDE TO GET THE OTHER STUFF GOING-FLIPPING THE CHICKEN UNTIL COOKED THROUGH
- SEASON THE BACON WITH TARRAGON ABOUT 2-3 TEASPOONS, WHEN THE BACON STARTS TO GET BROWN ADD THE SLICES OF ONION AND SLICED PEPPERS - AGAIN ROUGHLY CHOPPED - ADD THE BUTTER ,YYYUUUM-O! BACON AND BUTTER? NEED I SAY MORE!
-NOW GET THAT BLENDER OUT ,READY? ADD THE CAN OF COCONUT MILK, CUCUMBER AND ONE SQ LEMON AND BLEND UNTIL IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND FROTHY.. DONE!
- NOW THAT THE CHICKEN IS DONE , LEAVE IT ON THE CHOPPING BOARD WHILE YOU ADD THE SHRIMP(WHOLE OR CHOPPED IN HALF) TO THE FRYING PAIN WITH THE BACON AND THE REST OF THE GOODNESS- SPRINKLE HEAVILY WITH THE CURRY POWDER, IT IS SUCH A PARTY OF FLAVORS! I SUGGEST NOT TO LEAVE OUT THE CAYENNE BECAUSE IT ADDS A LITTLE HEAT COOLED BY YOUR "CUCUMBER SAUCE"
- WHILE THE SHRIMP IS COOKING ADD SALT(LIGHTLY), PEPPER AND 1-2 GARLIC , GET THAT BACON NICE AND CRISP WITH FLAVOR
-DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE SEASONINGS - ADD MORE ( EXCEPT SALT,YUCK) WELL MAYBE NOT CAYENNE IF YOU DON'T LIKE TOO MUCH HEAT
-CUT UP THE CHICKEN AND ADD TO THE PAN - COOKING UNTIL SHRIMP IS COOKED AND THERE IS QUITE THE FIESTA OF FLAVORS GOING ON
NOW ADD THIS PARTY TO A DEEP PLATE GRABBING THE JUICES FROM THE PAN, ADD THE COOL CUCUMBER SAUCE TO THIS SPICY , CURRY,CAYENNE DISH OF SCRUMTIOUSNESS!!!
I don't have a picture that would do this recipe justice, I know lame, but I don't take pictures of all my food since I can't wait to eat it!! BUT I have to share this yummy dish! I promise you won't be disappointed!
1 head cauliflower
mozzarella cheese 2 cups divided
fennel 1/2 tsp
Italian seasoning mix 1 tsp
Romano cheese 1/4 cup
tomato paste (I like Trader Joes brand)
*** any toppings you desire- we love a meatzza -veggie pizza, cooked ground beef , cooked bacon, chopped Canadian bacon, saute pepper and onions***
Break the cauliflower into pieces and cook in a microwave dish for about 10 min. Don't boil or steam because the cauliflower already has alot of liquid to it and who likes a soggy crust??
While this is cooking prepare your toppings and sauce.
1 small can tomato paste
refill the can with about 3/4 water- we like a thicker sauce, use more water if you like a thinner sauce
agave 1-2 tsp (depending if you like it sweet, and ummm I do)
salt/pepper to taste
crushed red pepper flakes
bring to a slow boil in a sauce pan to thicken
BACK to the cauliflower
once the cauliflower is tender drain any access liquid then use a chopper or food processor to "rice" the cauliflower. In a bowl mix the cauliflower, 2 eggs, 1 cup mozzerella cheese, 1 tsp fennel, 1 tsp Italian seasonings. Once this is all married beautifully here come the important part.
Take a Cookie/ pizza sheet and grease with coconut oil or cooking spray, spread the cauliflower mixture evenly across cookie/pizza sheet. HERE it is- take a paper towel and lay across cauliflower crust and press down, repeat this step until the paper towel(s) are coming out almost dry- this will create a pizza like crust
BAKE at 450 degrees for 12-20 minutes or until the crust becomes consistently tan/brown in color. This is will ensure a joyous crust to hold the party of toppings..
After crust turns color, remove from oven then spread your pizza sauce and add all the deliciousness you can think off- like I suggested cooked ground beef, bacon, canadian bacon, sauteed peppers, onions and even pepperoncini - after you add your toppings put back in oven until cheese is melted to your perfection.
**ALSO my all time favorite cheese is called scarmoza - this is in the mozzarella family with a buttery smoked flavor and who doesn't love butter?? So if you can find this cheese use it as a topping in lieu of mozzarella***
SPEAKING OF BUTTER- melt some butter in a pan and add some minced garlic and oregano and drizzle this on top of pizza when out of the oven..yyyyyaaaaum!